2012-11-15

deal with it

i find myself to be in a somewhat peculiar phase when it comes to running. on one hand i have definitely slipped into a winter mode; i don't clock my kilometres (even if i do know approximately  how much i run due to the familiarity of the routes) or time and my pace has slowed down. i don't feel any need to perform, so to say; i just run for the sake of it. on the other hand, i find it exceedingly difficult to take days off every now and then, even if i know that in theory this would be recommendable, and even when at times i feel the effects of daily runs in my legs.

i think it is mainly because running is one thing i can influence, of what i have control over; when other areas of life are sometimes a bit more chaotic, stressful and overwhelming, running is my corner stone  -- something that is mine, and there, and i know what it is all about.

everybody needs their coping mechanisms. 




No comments: